Monday, February 13, 2006

The beginning

Ethics play a large part in everyday life, often without people realizing that each decision is a tiny moral quandry. I plan to look at the decisions myself and others are making on a deeper level, examining the ethical considerations behind the actions of living. A few of the more prevalent topics, starting with misrepresentation, deception and lying, will be the subject of my musings, backed with heavy reading in both the classical moral philosophers and modern applied ethicists.

This blog is being created to distribute my AHS Capstone project to a large audience, specifically to the Olin College community. It's not that I think my Capstone will be any more interesting than any other arts, humanities and social sciences project-to the contrary, there will be plenty of original and dynamic projects produced-but rather that I think the topic important. I hope to inspire thought in the readers, the community, causing introspection about the ethical dilemmas faced in everyday life. To quote Socrates, "The unexamined life is not worth living."

I hope you'll read and think along with me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Grant Hutchins said...

I'm looking forward to it!

4:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home